I just upgraded to Windows 7, and I seem to be having trouble with my internet browsers. They worked fine with Vista, but now I can't watch videos, and the browser freezes up regularly. I mainly used Firefox, but then I switched to Explorer to see if the problem was the same there, and it was. Any ideas on how to solve this?
This is possibly caused due to the corruption of Adobe Flash player. I’d suggest you to update to the latest version of Flash Player.
Download and install the latest version of Adobe Player from the link below:
After installing the latest version of Flash Player, restart Internet Explorer and check if the issue is fixed.
If the issue persists, follow the methods listed below:
Optimize Internet Explorer settings and check if your issue gets fixed.
Configuration settings in Windows Internet Explorer 8 may cause one or more of the following issues:
• You experience performance problems in Internet Explorer.
• You receive an error message in Internet Explorer. For example, you receive an "Internet Explorer cannot display the Web page" error message.
• Internet Explorer stops responding.
Follow the below link for more details on Internet Optimization:
How to optimize Internet Explorer
If the above methods do not help, you may reset Internet Explorer settings and confirm if the issue gets fixed.
To reset Internet Explorer settings follow these steps:
1. Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).
2. Click Start, type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:
The Internet Options dialog box appears
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
5. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
6. Start Internet Explorer again.
Refer the below link for more details:
How to reset Internet Explorer settings
If the above methods do not help, put your system in clean boot state and do the troubleshooting.
For more details, refer the link below:
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7